The 5i advanced digital force / torque indicator is designed to work with a wide range of Mark-10 remote force and torque sensors (see below). With exclusive Plug & TestTM technology, all calibration and configuration data is saved within the sensors smart connector, not the indicator, allowing for true interchangeability. Sensor password protection prevents use of an unauthorized sensor. In addition, all sensors are fully compatible with the more basic 3i force / torque indicator.
The 5i shares its menu structure and most specifications with Series 5 digital force gauges. The sampling rate is a blazing fast 7,000 Hz, producing accurate results even for quick-action tests. A large, backlit graphics LCD displays large, legible characters, while the simple menu navigation allows for quick access to the indicators many features and configurable parameters. Data can be transferred to a PC or data collectors via USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo (Digimatic), or analog outputs.
On-board data memory for up to 1,000 readings is included, as are statistical calculations with output to a PC. Integrated set points with indicators and outputs are ideal for pass-fail testing and for triggering external devices such as an alarm, relay, or test stand. An analog load bar is shown on the display for graphical representation of applied force or torque.
The 5is averaging mode addresses the need to record the average load over time, while external trigger mode makes switch activation testing simple and accurate.
The 5i includes MESURTM Lite data acquisition software. MESURTM Lite tabulates continuous or single point data. Data saved in the indicators memory can also be downloaded in bulk. One-click export to Excel easily allows for further data manipulation.
- Interchangeable force and torque sensors through Plug & Test technology
- Sensor password protection, for preventing use of an unauthorized sensor
- Password protection for individual keys and calibration
- High-speed 7,000 Hz sampling rate
- USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo, and analog outputs
- Large backlit graphic display
- 1,000-point data memory with statistics (min, max, mean, standard deviation) and outputs
- Live load bar graph with set point markers
- Programmable set points with pass/fail audible and visual indicators
- Peak readings and set points always displayed
- Averaging mode - calculates average readings over time
- External trigger mode - for switch contact testing or remotely stopping display update
- Automatic data output via USB/RS-232
- 5 selectable units of measurement
- Configurable audio alarms and key tones
- Includes 10 pt NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate
The 5i includes a carrying case universal voltage AC adapter, battery, quick-start guide, USB cable, resource CD (USB driver, MESUR Lite software, MESURgauge DEMO software, and user's guide), and NIST-traceable certificate of calibration
|Accuracy||0.1% of full scale 1 digit + sensor|
|Sampling rate||7,000 Hz|
|Power||AC or rechargeable battery. Multi-step low battery indicator is displayed, gauge shuts off automatically when power is too low.|
|Battery Life||Backlight on: up to 7 hours of continuous use|
Backlight off: up to 24 hours of continuous use
|Outputs||USB / RS-232: Configurable up to 115,200 baud. Includes Gauge Control Language 2 for full computer control.|
Mitutoyo (Digimatic): Serial BCD suitable for all Mitutoyo SPC-compatible Devices.
|Configurable Settings||Digital filters, outputs, automatic output (via USB/RS-232), automatic shutoff, default settings, averaging mode, external trigger, passwords, key tones, audio alarms, backlight, calibration|
|Safe overload||150% of full scale (display shows "OVER" at 110% and above)|
|Weight||Weight: 0.7 lbs (0.3 kg)|
Mesurgauge Load & Travel Analysis Software
Plug & TestTM Adapter
- Software configuration utility is included, for easy programming of sensor capacity, resolution, and identification number